- Facebook sees eight billion video views per day.
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter.
- One in four shoppers say they’ve used YouTube to search for a video related to a product they’re considering in-store.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
So what can your company achieve with social video?
Given the clear impact of video on customer engagement, marketers should be thinking about ways to make the most of video in their social marketing mix. Here are some ideas for how to use video to better reach customers, inspire loyalty, hire great talent, and/or drive sales:
- “Explainer” videos: Introduce your company, product, or service in an inspirational video that expresses your brand personality while describing the ways you make customers’ lives better.
- Customer testimonials: Create 15-30 second spots in which your customers explain in their own words how they’re using your product or service and why they love it. Even better, put out a call to customers to submit their own DIY testimonials — you’ll earn points for authenticity.
- Demos / how-tos: Post instructional videos that walk customers through the steps of performing common tasks with your products.
- Support tips videos: Create 10 videos that answer your top 10 support questions. Drive customers to them right from your Customer Support site to reduce calls and emails!
- Portfolios—Show off your company’s best work in a visual way.
- Employer branding videos: Promote your company as a great place to work with short “day in the life” videos that include employee testimonials.
- Ads and promos—Make your pitches and promote your special offers to your social audiences to generate sales and buzz.
Best practices for best results.
Finally, when scripting your videos, keep some best practices in mind to ensure engagement:
- Always be relevant: Create videos that address things your customer base really cares about.
- Keep it snappy: Given short attention spans and the volume of social content people have to get through, grab attention in the first few seconds and deliver your story or message as concisely as possible.
- Add a clear call to action: Once you’ve inspired people to watch, drive them to act. Include a link to more information, a special offer, or any relevant next step.
Need help with your social video strategy and/or video production? Get in touch with Crawford Group today, and we’ll put our best talent on it so you can rack up social marketing successes in 2017.