Social Media Specialist: Gaming & Consumer Channel
Job ID: 978
Crawford Group (www.crawfordgroup.com) is looking for a Social Media Specialist to support our clients’ Gaming and Consumer Channel Teams. You will be the lead liaison in developing and implementing strategic social marketing programs on our client’s branded social channels, including Facebook, Twitch.tv, Twitter and Instagram. As part of the Global Communications team, you will work closely with other internal teams to understand, leverage and integrate elements of key campaigns and programs in support of social and influencer engagement programs aligned to Gaming.
Social Media Engagement: You will be responsible for engaging with customers and fans on all gaming related social media sites. You will develop and maintain a content calendar for these social media sites that aligns with our clients’ corporate marketing and product initiatives as well as encourages ongoing growth of these communities.
Event Support: You will develop the social media content and influencer engagement plans for strategic gaming events (GamesCom, PAX, CES, E3, etc.), industry tradeshows, executive speaking opportunities and corporate sponsored events. When needed, you will attend the events to capture social media content, live-tweet executive speaking sessions and amplify our presence in order to maximize the value of our clients’ attendance and sponsorships.
Consumer Channel: You will be responsible for supporting the Consumer Channel and sales teams to develop co-marketing content and programs across all social channels. This will require an understanding of channel messaging and complimentary corporate message alignment. You will develop relationships with external social media teams and maintain a content calendar for consumer channel partner activity that aligns with corporate marketing and product initiatives as well as developing, fostering and tracking relationships with influencers related to gaming and channel partners.
- Maintain and manage a key piece of the social media community and content marketing effort
- Serve as lead for Gaming social media, being the key point of contact with related platform partners, technology vendors and regional and country level teams
- Serve as the lead for the Gaming influencer engagement program to foster relationships with key influencers
- Develop and maintain a global gaming-focused social media content calendar aligned with corporate initiatives including product and solution launches, special offers, events, etc.
- Coordinate development and delivery of global content packages and schedule gaming focused content using social media publishing tools
- Conceptualize, drive development and provide input/direction on engaging content for community and social marketing purposes including social media posts and community engagement programs that are relevant for channel partner audiences.
- Partner with Global Marcom, Digital Marketing/Events team and other marketing stakeholders to support key initiatives
- Develop and schedule social and influencer content plans surrounding events, tradeshows and executive speaking sessions
- Analytics: monitor channel analytics, refine as needed
- Market intelligence: monitor gaming industry and channel partner social media and company news to inform content strategy and co-marketing opportunities
- Stay current with gaming industry, social and community engagement best practices and implement strategies to increase the reach and impact of your content pieces
- 1-2 years in a marketing role (Social Media/Influence Marketing experience preferred)
- Social media savvy with understanding of online/digital marketing. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing communities or professional social media role strongly preferred.
- Specific experience with gaming/related communities
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative writing skills; experience with social media content planning and content creation
- Hands-on experience programming social media content on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Twitch
- Understanding of B2C and channel marketing preferred
- Sound social media and community strategy mindset, including committed personal experience and contributions across multiple social media channels strongly preferred
- Ability to grasp how community, content and the social web align with wider business goals
- Committed to helping people in social channels
- Building relationships with key members of the community and influencers
- People skills:
- Natural communicator, problem solver, good listener
- Great sense of humor, positive attitude and enthusiastic
- ommitted to effective internal relationships, communication and collaboration
- Passion for client service and connecting with people
- Strong project management skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, distilling necessary tasks from high-level direction.
- Discipline to work projects to deadlines, or build structure and process around new initiatives
- Willingness to enforce corporate process, guidelines, roles and responsibilities
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- BA/BS degree preferred; or combination of education and experience in a marketing position
Pay: D.O.E., as a w2 employee of Crawford Group (benefits available)
Location: Onsite at client offices in Santa Cruz, CA, some/limited domestic travel. No phone calls, please.
Hours/duration: Full time consulting during standard business hours, ASAP – one year, converting to full time/direct hire of client thereafter.